Rules for Responsible Computer Use
ICT Acceptable use policy for pupils for use at home (H) and at school (S).
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep us safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes. (S)
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet and will only be online when an adult is in the room. (S)
- I will only use my login and password and never share these with others. (S) (H)
- I will only open and delete my own files. (S)
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible. (S) (H)
- I will never give out my own or other people’s name, address or phone number online. (S) (H)
- I will never upload any images of school activities to any social networking site. (S) (H)
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty. (S) (H)
- If I see anything I am unhappy with on the computers, I will turn the screen off and tell my teacher or an appropriate adult straight away. (S) (H)
- I understand that the school can check my computer use and that my parents/carers can be contacted if school staff are concerned about my e-safety. (S)
- I will not use any personal devices in PE at any time. (S)
- I will not take pictures or make recording of anyone in school without their prior knowledge and without the required permission. (S) (H)