Information for students, parents and carers
Q. What do I do if I think I have the wrong paper?
• Staff will ask you to check before the exam starts. If you think something is wrong put your hand up and tell them immediately. If in doubt always check.
Q. What do I do if I forget my Candidate Number?
• Candidate numbers can be found on your timetables; it is important that you bring this to every exam.
Q. What do I do if I forget the school Centre Number?
• The Centre Number is 20806. It will be clearly displayed in every exam room.
Q. What do I do if I have an accident or I am ill before the exam?
• Inform the school at the earliest possible point so we can help or advise you. In extreme circumstances that may result in you being unable to write, it may be possible to provide you with a scribe/laptop but we will need as much prior notice as possible. You may need to obtain medical evidence (from your GP or hospital).
Q. What do I do if I feel ill during the exam?
• Put your hand up and a member of staff will assist you. You should inform a member of staff if you feel ill before or during an exam.
Q. If I am late for my exam, can I still sit the exam?
• Yes. It MAY still be possible for you to sit the exam. You should get to school as quickly as possible.
Q. Do I have to wear school uniform?
• Yes. Normal school rules apply to uniform, hair, jewellery, make-up etc.
Q. What equipment should I bring for my exams?
• At least 2 pens (black ink only); at least 2 pencils; a ruler; an erase; a calculator (calculator lids must be removed before you enter the exam room). All your equipment can be brought in a transparent pencil case or a clear bag. You are responsible for providing your own equipment for all exams. You must not attempt to borrow equipment from another candidate during the exam.
Q. What items are not allowed into the exam room?
• Mobile telephones, wristwatches and digital devices including iPods must NOT be brought into any exam venue, even if they are turned off.
• No food is allowed in the exam venue.
• Drinks are allowed in the exam venue, but the label must be removed from the bottle. No fizzy drinks are allowed.
• Bags and coats have to be placed where instructed; you must not take your bag or coat to your exam desk.
Q. What if I bring my mobile telephone into the exam room?
• Being in possession of a mobile telephone (or any other electronic communication device e.g. iPod, MP4 player, headphones) is regarded as cheating and is subject to severe penalty. If a mobile phone is detected either in your pocket or bag (even if it is switched off), it is still a breach of exam regulations and will be reported.
Q. How do I know how long the exam is?
• The length of the exam in shown in minutes on your individual timetable. Staff will tell you when to start and finish the exam. They will write the finish time of the exam on the board at the front of the exam room. There will be a clock in all exam rooms.
Q. Can I leave the exam early?
• No. It is a requirement that you stay for the full duration of the exam. It is not the school’s policy to allow candidates to leave the exam room early.
Q. What do I do if the fire alarm goes off?
• The invigilators will tell you what to do. If you have to evacuate the room, leave everything on your desk and leave the room in silence. You MUST NOT attempt to communicate with other candidates during the evacuation. You will still be under exam conditions during the evacuation.
Q. Can I go to the toilet during the exam?
• If it is absolutely necessary you will be escorted by a member of staff and will not be allowed any extra time