The Mercian Trust
On 1st January 2018, Aldridge School joined The Mercian Trust.
The Mercian Trust website can be viewed here
The structure of Governance at Aldridge School
In order to assist with the discharge of their responsibilities, the Trustees have established LGBs for its Academies. The role of the Local Governing Body includes:
- day-to-day” oversight of running of the academies in terms of learning, standards, safety & wellbeing
- carrying out the MAT’s vision policies & priorities
- holding local academy leadership to account for academic performance, quality of care & provision-
- overseeing & monitoring the effectiveness of learning strategies
- supporting the Board and its committees in relation to proper use of funds & delivering high-quality educational provision
- to advise and act as a critical friend to the Head Teacher and to advise the Board about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy
- to represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community
- to provide support to the Head Teacher in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures
The membership of each LGB shall be as set out in the LGB Terms of Reference approved by the Board from time to time. LGBs membership will include:
- at least two parent members;
- two staff members;
- the relevant Principal/Headteacher;
- up to four persons appointed by the Board of Trustees; and
- [subject to Board approval,] up to three persons co-opted by members of the LGB.
The LGB meets four times a year.
The LGB forms two ad-hoc committees when required these are
Discipline – overseeing pupil sanctions and exclusions
Pay – overseeing staff appraisal, pay and progression
View the Mercian Trust Trustees here.
Local Governing Body
|Harbans Kaur||Staff Governor||Elected by School||01/05/2022||31/03/2025|
|Charlotte Cordon||Parent Governor||Elected by parents||01/01/2022||31/12/2026|
|Rebecca Hawkings||Parent Governor||Elected by parents||01/01/2022||31/12/2026|
Local Governing Body Meeting Attendance
|Name||Attendance to full Governing Body Meetings 2021-2022|
Pecuniary, Business Interests and Other Governance Roles
|Name||Pecuniary, Business Interests and other Governance roles|
|Dawn Walker||Consultancy IT work for the IT department at a School|
|John Murray||Non-Executive Director of PTP Training LTD Elected member of Walsall Council|
The governing body can be contacted by email at:
email@example.com or via the school address.