Homework at Aldridge School – Revise, Recap, Review.
With the introduction of linear courses and terminal exams the requirement for children to undertake an on-going revision programme is vitally important.
To continue to raise achievement and support the pupils we have introduced a revision based homework policy.
Homework will be focused on recapping and consolidating learning that has taken place in the classroom.
Teachers will be supporting pupils in showing them a range of proven techniques to use at home. These are available in pupil planners and via a link from the school website.
As part of lessons pupils will be expected to recall on their revision. All pupils will receive regular assessment as before, and an end of year examination in their subjects.
- Be expected to complete homework every day. Revise, Recap, Review.
- Be expected to Revise in preparation for quizzes, tests and exams.
- Be expected to Recap and go over the key learning points from the day.
- Be expected to Review areas that you found challenging.
- Also receive other homework which you will be expected to write in your planner and complete to a high standard, on time. This homework is also important as it will help to raise your achievement.
Your teachers will:
- Show you different techniques to revise, recap and review.
- Test and quiz you regularly to ensure that your homework is effective.
- From time to time set other homework which supports your learning and will support in raising your achievement.
Your parent/carer can:
- Provide you with a quiet space to do your homework.
- Provide you with the resources you may need to do your homework.
- Support you to take responsibility for your own homework.
- Create a routine that works well for you.
- Encourage you to stay on track.
- Support you by quizzing and testing you.
Homework and revising is very important. All exams are now ‘terminal’ which means they all happen at the end of the course. There is no longer coursework or module exams. This means that you need to develop your long term memory and the very best way to do this is by revision, recapping and reviewing your work every day – and then revisiting this from time to time.
All year groups will sit an examination in each subject they are taught at the end of the academic year.