At Aldridge School we aim to provide a curriculum which…
- Continually reinforces the messages of the 4 Rs.
- Encourages students to learn from their mistakes through completing Follow Up after assessments.
- Encourages students to be responsible for their own success through regular review of learning at home, creating revision resources (RRR homework) and regular low stakes testing.
- Is challenging for all students through ‘teaching to the top’ and scaffolding and supporting students appropriately.
- Maintains a breadth of subjects in all key stages including arts, technology and humanities which are available to all students regardless of individual abilities and needs.
- Prepares students for adult life, teaching them to stay safe, live independently and contribute positively to society through discretely taught Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education lessons and assemblies .
- Enables students to live together with others through teaching about British values and helping them to understand a range of religious beliefs.
- Enables students to participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities through Flexible Fridays.
- Prepares students for future success in education, employment or training.
For more information about the school curriculum please contact either your child’s Head of House, or Mrs G Morris Deputy Headteacher on 01922 743988 or email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Use the links below to explore our Curriculum in each of the 7 faculties.
At Aldridge School we aim to equip our students with skills, knowledge and values that can be drawn upon to make gains in their education but also give them an advantage in society.
Use the links below to explore suggestions surrounding Cultural Capital from each of the 7 faculties.